RAZOR BRANDING BLOG: 6 Of The Reasons Why I Love Natchez, MS

6 Of The Reasons Why I Love Natchez, MS


Mississippi River, Natchez, Miss.  by robert_ntz

I was invited by the Natchez Convention and Visitors Bureau to speak to a group of business people and stakeholders in Natchez, MS today.

The topic was part of our 'Branding And ...' series. This one is called Branding and Social Media.

Their original plan was to have 30 -40 people attend a two hour overview of the best social media applications for business and how to utilize branding principles within them.

When it was all said and done, the first session was standing room only and required the addition of a second session in the afternoon for a total of over 100 participants. The average age of the attendees was probably 49 or 50 and they got it. Really got it. Their questions were insightful and well thought out. They gladly shared their thoughts and previous experiences.

There was true understanding, after the presentation, of what a brand is, and more importantly what it is not. When the day began, most of them believed that their four year old e-brochure websites were the only choices they had for promotion on the internet. They thought that price was a good way to differentiate themselves. They believed, as so many people still do, that social media is for kids and not where real business people belong.  Now, they speak of their Brand Promise and how to communicate it through their newley formed blog.

When I got home tonight, I even had quite a few new Facebook and Twitter friends. They have asked me to come back for a hands on teaching class as well as more presentations from the 'Branding And..." series.  It is a great town filled with great people.

6 of the reasons why I love Natchez, MS:

1 - The People - their willingness to learn is fantastic and inspiring, Margaret it was a blast hanging out with you, I think I owe you for about 10 glasses of tea.

2 - The River - truly breathtaking, I was able to watch the sunset on its banks with colors that were extraordinary

3 - The History - the city is the keeper of the history of the south in so many ways still intact

4 - Antebellum Homes - I was fortunate to be the guest of Monmouth Plantation which is a gorgeous bed and breakfast situated on property that just begs to be explored

5 - Southern charm - true southern hospitality is rare these days but everyone in Natchez exudes it

6 - They like me - I know that seems silly and maybe a little egotistical but it was a blast to have so many people come up to me after the seminar and ask for more.

7 - Willingness to learn - it's only supposed to be 6 but i have so many more I could add. They really embraced the ideas we discussed today and it was exciting to see them get excited.

I love Natchez and everytime I go, I discover another part of this city that I love even more.

I wonder if I could get them to unofficially adopt me...?

To all of the many great people that I met today, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules so we could get to know each other.  I had a blast and I hope you did too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Consider yourself adopted

Jaci Russo said...

Thanks. I really had such a great time with ya'll. I hope the info helps.

Post a Comment