RAZOR BRANDING BLOG: 3 C's of Social Media

3 C's of Social Media

I was invited to speak to a radio group yesterday about social media; benefits, how it works, etc.

I absolutely loved it.  It must be the former geek high school debater in me, but if I could spend every day just traveling around and speaking to groups about branding and social media, that would be awesome.

It was an interesting twist on the presentation I usually make.  One of the reasons that people use social media, especially Twitter, is to broadcast a message to a large number of people.  The radio station already does that and has way more "followers" than most people on Twitter.  

So then the benefit for them is the CONVERSATION.  To turn the monologue that the radio stations have into a dialogue is a very powerful tool.  

The biggest benefit of social media is the CONNECTION.  It provides an opportunity for consumers to connect with the brand.  Building a tribe of brand advocates should be the ultimate goal of every company.  That following only happens when there is a connection.

The best way to brand the tribe is through CONTENT.  If a company is just posting advertisements about sales then there is no way to develop a relationship.  But to share a little bit of themselves...that is content that will connect.

My friend Becky Kreamer is a fantastic speaker and teaches the Stephen Covey "7 Habits for Highly Effective People" series.  I often hear her tell people that the way we truly learn is by teaching.  I love that.  It's like on the job training.  I think that is one of the reasons that I like traveling around and speaking to groups on Branding and Social Media.  I gain new insight every time.

I am looking forward to watching our social media plan for this station unfold.  Today I am helping them recruit a "Twintern".  This is an intern that will implement their social media plan - basically, a Twitter + Intern = Twintern.  Whomever this lucky guy or gal is, they will have one heck of a fun summer hanging out with these guys.  Should be a blast.

If you are interested in applying for the gig, just let me know.

Jaci Russo
Sr. Partner

No comments:

Post a Comment